A LANDMARK PRAIRIE VILLAGE HOME
8236 Nall, Prairie Village, KS, 66207
Jan. 16th & 17th, Fri. 10-6 Sat. 9-3
Family downsizing from this landmark home built in 1929. A six bedroom 7,500+ sq. ft.' house on a 1.4 acre lot (once was 18 acres).
Please make certain to read the bottom of this listing regarding important house access and parking information.
Original Works, Fine & Antique Prints.
- Susan HUNT-WULKOWICZ, Chicago, Primitive Style Hand Colored Lithograph, "An American Autumn" LE 64/300, 19" x 25" (Series Sold Out at $5,900), and "Country Afternoon" LE 56/300
- Henry M. PROGAR (Delaware, 1927-1982) "Barren Creek Mill" Oil on Board, 29"W x 23"
- Rod COFRAN, Pen and Ink with Gouache
- Charles SHEPHERD, Oil on Canvas, Wagon Train in Bluffs, 24"W x 18"H
- D. DANIELS, Watercolor, Covered Bridge, 21" x 14"
- George WANG (Chesterfield, MO), Asian Horse, Brush on Canvas
- Audubon Society, Abbeville Press, LE of 350: Framed Louisiana Heron & Key West Pigeon & Three Unframed Prints of: Red Breasted Rail, Three Warblers, Fox Colored Sparrow
- Audubon Society, Abbeville Press, LE of 350: Unframed Prints of: Red Breasted Rail, Three Warblers, Fox Colored Sparrow
- Numerous Antique Framed Regional Maps
- Rbt. Jayne OLSEN "Taku Wakan" AP
- Michael SCHONHOFF, Abstract, AP
- Jackie WARREN (OP,KS), Charcoal "Out of the Whole Cloth"
- William MURRAY, Lithograph, "Old Crabapple Tree", 1961
- Deborah DRAKE HUFF (Kansas City), Acrylic on Canvas, Abstract Triptych
- Marcia KELLY, Floral Pastel
- ALBIN, Acrylic on Masonite
- Pr. Ant. Marine Flag Prints
- Brass Rubbing Gold on Black Paper Made From Relief, Edmund Assheton, Rector, Middleton Lanchester, Eng, 1522
- Antique Leaded Glass Window w/ Rose
SUNROOM & PATIO
- Antique Country French Parquetry Top Refractory Table, 41"W x 54"L, Expands to 95"
- Six Antique Country French Chairs, Rush Seats
- Bow-front Mahogany Breakfront, Sheraton Style, 64"W x 19"D x 88"H
- Wall Unit, Walnut Tone, Three Sections w/ Bridge Top, Center Lower 48"W Cabinet Flanked by Two 32" W Shelving Over Cabinets, Modular for Reconfiguration, 25"D x 86"H
- Console Table, Thick Old Pine Wood Slab Top w/ Antiqued Iron Base, 5"'W x 18"D x 29"H
- Bombe Chest, Three Drawers, Black w/ Ant. Gold Stenciling, 47"W x 22"D x 34"H
- Pr. French Open Arm Chairs, Seat Upholstery Black w/ Gold Ram's Heads
- French Oval Bergere Chair, Ribbon Carved Rail, 32"W x 25"D
- Georgian Style Mahogany Frame Deep Open Arm Chair
- Pierced Medallion Back Open Arm Chair
- Two Wingback Chairs w/ Floral Upholstery
- Ant. Chest, Four Drawers, Spool Turned Corners, 42"W x 28"D x 47"H
- Partners Desk, Tooled Green Leather Top, 5'W x 3'D x 29"H
- Two University Chairs, Duke & MU
- Queen Bed, White Slat Headboard, Spring Air Mattress
- Chair, Shepard's Hook Arms, Ox Blood Leather, Double Band Brass Hobnail
- Four Parsons Chairs (2 +1+1)
- White Duck Upholstered Chair w/ Storage Ottoman, 42"W
- Sm. Slant-top Secretary, Painted White & Soft Green, 34"W x 17"D x 82"H
- Traditional Frame Loveseat, Peach w/ Floral & Birds Chintz Upholstery, 56"W x 34"D
- Antique Early American Walnut Drop-leaf Table, 41"W x 19" w/ Two 18" Drop Leaves
- Unusual Antique Cherry Two-Tier Tea Table w/ Lower Shelf, Drop Down Side Panels, Barley Twist Legs, 20" x 20"W x 34"H
- Ant. Walnut Fold Top Card Table, Spool Turned Legs, 34" x 16, Opens to 32"
- Ant. Table, Walnut, Single Drawer, Turned Legs, 36" x 21" x 29"
- Ant. Wash Stand, 33"W x 17"D x 27"H Plus Back Spalsh
- Sm. Unfinished Pine Linen Press, 33"W x 17"D x 69"H
- Dresser, Pine, Three Tiered, Seven Drawers, Brass Batwing Escutcheons w/ Bale Handles, 46"W x 19"D x 58"H
- Sm. Round Drop Leaf Farm Style Table, Natural Color Oak Top, White Base w/ Turned Legs, 41"Dia
- Loveseat, Flared Arm Tuxedo Frame, White w/ Floral Slipcover, 64"W x 34"D
- Chaise Lounge, Violet & White Plaid Upholstery, 2'W x 55"L
- Country American Twin Bed
- Pr. Maple Twin Sleigh Bed Frames
- Pr. Antique Twin Brass Bed Frames
- Maple w/ Caned Back Rocking Chair
- Dresser, Four Drawers, Natural Oak, 38"W x 18"D x 50"H
- Ant. Iron Twin Bed Frame
- Primitive Style Coffee Table, 51"L x 30"W x 24"H
- Low Two Drawer Table - Fabricated from Antique Dresser, 40"W x 17"D x 12"H
- Student Desk, Bookcase
- Ant. Victorian Rocking Crib (not for baby use)
- Hump-back Steamer Trunk
- High-top Bar Table, Six Swivel Stools, Chrome Base, Black & Sparkle Tops
- White Wicker: Rocking Loveseat, Two Pairs Arm Chairs, Ottoman. Bistro Table, Child's Rocker
- Sm. Iron Baker's Rack, Painted White
- Stretched Iron 48" Round Table w/ Four Chairs, Umbrella & Stand (Picture not yet posted)
- Stretched Iron Glider, Two Sq. Top Tables, Chairs
- Two Slat Wood Benches, 48"W
- Sm Painted Pine Potting Bench, 43"W x 21"D x 45"H (Picture not yet posted)
- Freestanding Weathered Patina Concrete Fountain, 24"W x 58"H
- Pr. Lg. Iron Jardinières on Stands, 41"H
- Copper Fire Pit
CLOTHING & ACCESSORIES
- Large Beveled Mirror, Dark Tone Wide Double Ogee Frame, 49” x 38’
- Persian Wool, Cream Field, High Knot Count,7' x 10'8
- Oriental Runner, Wool, Dk Blue w/ Red, 30"W x 12'L
- Persian Woo Rug, 73" x 48
- Persian Wool Rug, 8' x 9'6"
- Sisal Rug, 7' x 10'8"
- Chandelier, Six-Arm Brass Hunt Horns Mounted on Green Marble Post
Nice Ladies Clothing inc. Designer Labels, Sz 4-8
Play Dress-up Clothing
COLLECTIBLES, BOOKS, EPHEMERA
Two Five Piece Settings for Eight (Sixteen Total), Plus Service Pieces, Scalloped White w/ Floral Pattern & Gold Trim
- Five Flow Blue Plates, Adams "Kyber"
- Ten Covered Soups, White w/ Gold Fleur de Lis, Mary Carol Collection
- Twelve Rimmed Soups, Dior Provence Collection "Normandie"
- Thirteen Charles Ahrenfeldl, Limoges Square Dessert Plates, Yellow w/ Country Scene Insets
- Herend Five Piece Place Setting
SPORT & RECREATION
- Many 1960's LIFE Magazines including Beatles, M. Monroe
- Flexible Bronchoscope - Machida (Good for Auto Diagnostics)
- Ant. Red Glass "Shur-Stop" Fire Extinguisher
- Many Editions of Hardback "Automobile Quarterly"
APPLIANCES & OTHER
- Motor Scooter, 1987 Honda Elite 150, 1,150 mi, Sealed Bid Auction
- Hunter/Jumper Saddle, 17" Pariani
- Harvard Foosball Table
- Pool Table w/ Table Tennis Top, Spaulding
- Mirror Ball
- Coleman Zero (2) and Other Sleeping Bags
- Large Coleman Nylon Camping Tent (Sleeps 8)
AND MORE MISC.
Charbroil Commercial Series Four Burner Gas Grill w/ Side Warmer (Tank & Cover)
Pr Sonab Rosewood Speaker Cases w/ Stands (Not Sonab Guts)
Scroll Saw, 16" Master Mechanic
Window A/C Unit, Sharp
(See below for upcoming sale calendar)
PARKING, ENTRY & EXIT INFORMATION
The house ENTRY will be a walk up to the FRONT DOOR off of the 82nd Place Cul de Sac and ALL exiting will be through the kitchen exit to the drive .
The DRIVEWAY (off of 82nd Terr.) will be STRICTLY RESTRICTED for handicap drop-off and directly pulling in for pick-up of purchases, PERIOD!
Parking will be on 82nd Terr or Maple (off 83rd, W of Nall), or the next streets over, 82nd St or Reeds Rd., so wear those walkers. And, carpooling with others is always smart, and fun.
Respect the posted NO PARKING SIGNS required for emergency vehicles and traffic flow and PLEASE DO NOT BLOCK NEIGHBOR DRIVES! If your park Illegally as such, your vehicle will (and should) be subject to ticketing (not to mention the wrath of others).
THANK YOU for understanding and cooperating with these sale traffic necessities.
FORMAT & PRICING
Buyers are responsible for the packing and moving of purchases prior to the conclusion of the sale unless special arrangements are made.
Please watch your step. We care about your well-being, but are not responsible for accidents and your not paying attention.
On our two day sales, day one items are priced as marked, however alternative bid offers on items priced $75 and over will be considered at the end of the first day and accepted bids/bidders at that time will be notified. Remember, bids are binding responsibility.